Patios are breathtaking and airy places for most homeowners. If you are a home owner, large or small, you are definitely in love with the patio space. For most paver patio installations, we should resort to seeking opinions from expert masons and contractors who know the building site better.
Patios need to be designed and paved according to the outer walls of your home. How you decorate or furnish this area is purely based on choices and likes and sometimes dependent on the geography and local climate. You may or may not include flora and fauna in the patio, but there are some important things you need to consider before you actually pave the patio.
- Try and obtain as many samples of paving as possible. Almost all tone companies provide a free sample paving card. You can go through these and compare the designs with the real story. If you are interested in picking up samples of the yard it makes good sense to rate that with the available stone paving designs at a showroom. Once you have selected the stone color and other materials, you can easily check how the texture and sheen looks both when wet and dry.
- For most of us, smoothness in texture is a preferred feature when opting for a paving design. However, it makes best sense to go for riven stone as they are cheaper and have higher aesthetic value. Often for larger patios, riven stones set the great texture. If you are opting for a contemporary look then sawn stones are an option. Remember that these have sharp edges and have a smooth finish which frequent color changes when watered.
- You should carefully check the area where the patio paving stones are going to be placed. Budget stones are roughly 25 mm in thickness and is fine for foot traffic. But if you are going have vehicles move around the paving then ensure that the paving stones are of 40 mm and above.
- Choose from either a concrete stone or natural stones. The former is a cheaper alternative and is often used in large scale. But if you are not too interested in the value for money aspect choose the natural stones. These stones have aesthetic appeal and are really pleasing to the eye.
- Finally, go for any design or paving style based on your interest. The texture and quality also depend on certain other factors such as budget and availability of products.
For more queries contact us or call us on (516) 781-0356 or (516) 783-6754